Sunday, August 29, 2010

Politics and growing up.

I've taken a mental side step and I'm now travelling in some parallel universe where everything is the same but it's all a bit hazy. A permanent psychosis, perhaps?

Without sounding immature, I think this is the start of growing up. I finding myself thinking about what kind of plates I would like in my dream home. I'm finding myself longing for a life partner. And on the other hand I'm finding myself back where I was, hating everything and lacking interest in moving forward. I didn't mean for that to sound like Julia Gillard.

On that topic, I think it is a true sign that Australian's are fed up with the choices we were given. As far as I can see the two governments competing for the top position are exactly the same except one is headed by a girl. If Julia Gillard wasn't a female, red head who doesn't believe in marriage, the Liberals would have won hands down. Their policies are exactly the same. False promises about things we won't be able to fix in the foreseeable future. I heard the topic of Australia become a republic came up this morning and I think, after the past week's mess we wouldn't be able to decide on a president that could fulfil the duty and please everyone. Admittedly no one can please all 21 million of us but some would try. The country would tall apart if when we went to the votes, we were choosing the country's ruler as opposed to someone to watch over us while the Queen is drinking tea.  We're like the eldest child, left to fend for ourselves. Instead we're stuck with two immature children who can't help but insult the other.

Move forward Australia? How about, grow up?

No comments: