Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I would walk 500 miles.

People have a right to judge.

As long as they have seen everything, done everything, smelt everything, heard everything, thought everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.

I know my situation is nothing compared to those who have hard time trying to find food for the family. But about a week ago we were trying to find things that we could sell to Cash Converters just to get fuel in our cars. After dealing with the chest pains that gave me I became more aware of how those that are actually facing financial hardship must feel. We see people wearing the cheapest clothes and shoes available and we call them poor or lazy. We judge. But we don't know what it's like to have no money. We don't fully comprehend a situation unless we are experiencing it. I think a lot of the Human Race's ability to sympathise has been lost over recent years due to events such as 9/11 and all the bombings that followed, as well as the natural disasters the world is throwing at as at a rate of one per year.

The saying "walk a mile in some one's shoes before judging them" has never been more true. After realising that my brother and sister would be bullied because we couldn't get the uniforms I thought, I am no longer in a position to criticise ANYONE on anything. Be it the car they drive, the clothes they wear or the way they do their hair. There is a reason behind why people do that they do.

No comments: